Development Communications Consulting
Nonprofit fundraisers are stretched beyond their means these days. In this environment, strategic – and skillful – communications will provide your organization an edge. If your development shop is low on resources, or if you’re looking to increase your in-house capacity, I can help.
You’ve spent the money on market research and branding, but you don’t have the time – or people power – to bring the plan to life. With a track record of creating and executing successful strategies for campaign launches, closings, and everything in between, I can help. Services include:
- Messaging platform development
- Writing for collateral, including prospectuses, case statements, and one-sheeters
- Content strategy development for websites, social media, and email marketing
- Toolkits and training for gift officers, campus communicators, ambassadors, and other stakeholders
The ingredients for a successful proposal are simple: A compelling story, a concise ask, and a clear connection between your needs and a donor’s goals. Balancing those ingredients, however, can prove challenging. Whether you’re seeking a large grant or pursuing a nine-figure prospect, I can help. Services include:
- Grant proposals
- Major gift proposals
- White papers
Storytelling sells – and it stewards, too. But these stories have to go beyond the “Donor makes $X million gift” article to a compelling narrative your audience will actually, you know, read. With nearly 15 years of experience writing award-winning impact stories and profiles under my belt, I can help. Services include:
Solicitations and Acknowledgments
Whether you’re asking a donor for support or thanking them for it, your words – and your brevity – matter. With more than a decade’s worth of experience crafting eye-catching content that fits in small packages, I can help. Services include:
- Email and print solicitations and acknowledgments
- Landing and confirmation pages
- Social media campaigns
To share great stories, you need to have both good ideas and people capable of telling them. In short, you need an infrastructure – something most development shops don’t have. With a history of building “beat” systems and coaching writers and fundraisers at institutions of all types and sizes, I can help. Services include:
- Resource assessment and recommendations
- Coaching for writers, content creators, and gift officers
- Comprehensive review of editorial products (digital and/or print) and plan for improvement
Ready to get started?
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a conversation about how we can work together to meet your development communications goals.